Volunteer with Lancaster EMS
Lancaster EMS has many opportunities for volunteerism within the communities that we proudly serve.
Our in-depth volunteer program places certified providers with experienced clinical staff, allowing the volunteer to progress from Trainee all the up to Crew Chief. Our active volunteers are also offered a wide variety of continuing education opportunities, often at no cost to the volunteer.
Clinical volunteers are actively involved with Lancaster EMS, integrated directly into the emergent and non-emergent patient care environment. In addition, volunteers have the opportunity to staff standby events, such as the Lancaster County Office of Aging Senior Games, Buck Motor Sports events, and many other community and sporting events throughout Lancaster County.
Clinical volunteer requirements:
- • Must be 16 years of age or older
- • If the applicant is a minor, must have parent or legal guardian permission.
- • Current CPR/AED certification
- • Current NREMT or PA State Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic, or PHRN
- • Must pass pre-placement physical checks
- • Must have acceptable background checks
- • Must serve monthly minimum hours to maintain clinical preparedness
Lancaster EMS offers a unique opportunity for individuals to learn at their own pace in a busy EMS system. No matter if you are a new EMT, or a seasoned EMS provider, you will have the opportunity to care for patients while side-by-side with some of the most skilled and experienced Paramedics and EMTs in the business.
To learn more, contact Daniel Richards, Volunteer Facilitator, at (717) 481-4841, extension 115 or via email at: email@example.com
Completed applications should be mailed to:
Daniel Richards, Volunteer Facilitator
1829 Lincoln Highway East
Lancaster, PA 17602